Every speaker must agree to the following terms and conditions in order to be accepted:
When your proposal has been approved, all speakers must provide their final presentation in PowerPoint, Keynote, or PDF form to a specified Dropbox link no later than May 1, 2020. This is necessary to prepare the thumb drives provided to all attendees. Speakers who do not meet this deadline risk being replaced on the program.
By accepting this invitation, the speaker agrees to all copyright and reproduction terms provided. DATAVERSITY® terms are:
- Copyright of original presentation material remains with the speaker.
- DATAVERSITY (and/or related entities) is granted the right to record, reproduce, and distribute each presentation in all forms of printed and electronic conference materials, including, but not limited to, the non-attendee conference proceedings, printed attendee files, conference-related web sites, and audio and/or video recordings (digital and/or analog), without royalties or fees payable to speaker.
- DATAVERSITY is also granted the right to report on the presentation for the purpose of producing article(s), trip report(s), or similar derivative products without royalties or fees payable to the speaker and without securing additional permission.
- DATAVERSITY reserves the right to remove or replace any speaker and/or session at any time.
NO SALES PITCHES
All sessions will be rated by the audience for commercial content. Any speaker who is judged by the audience to have made an inappropriate sales pitch for his/her own company, book, product, events, webinars, or other services (except during sponsored presentations) or whose presentation is otherwise deemed objectionable during a conference session, risks having their presentation interrupted and/or halted and may not be invited to participate at future conferences. This does not mean you cannot mention vendors, tools, or products at all, but that sales pitches and commercial messages are to be strictly avoided. Email Cristina Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like clarification.
LEGAL AND FINANCIAL APPROVAL
By accepting this invitation, the speaker agrees that he or she has the legal and financial permission from his/her company or others to make the presentation under the terms outlined herein, and that the presentation shall not infringe the rights of any third party.
All speaking proposals are deemed to be made on behalf of the individual speaker, rather than the speaker’s employer or organization unless an exception is specified in the proposal process. As such, when a speaker changes his/her employer or organization after being invited to speak, the individual speaker is deemed to retain the invitation rather than it deferring to his/her original employer. Any exceptions to this must be noted by the submitting individual at the time of making the proposal. This is done by clicking “I agree, but with exceptions” at the very end of the submission process and then noting the exception in the text box.
- 1Registration Fees - Please note the registration requirements for your speaking category carefully:
- For Tutorial, Keynote, Conference Session and Panel presentations, one speaker for each proposed and selected presentation is granted a free pass to the entire conference.
- Additional speakers who were originally nominated in the speaking proposal must register and pay for their conference attendance at a significantly discounted rate of 80% off. Such registration must be completed at least one month prior to the start of the conference in order to be included in the conference program and materials.
- Additional speakers who were not originally nominated in the speaking proposal must register and pay for their conference attendance at the regular registration rates prevailing at the time of their registration. Such registration must be completed at least one month prior to the start of the conference in order to be included in the conference program and materials.
- For Lightning Talks, one speaker for each proposed lighting talk is granted a free pass to the entire conference. Additional Speakers will receive a discount of 80% off. Such registration(s) must be completed at least one month prior to the start of the conference in order to be included in the conference program and materials.
- 2 Expenses - Keynote, Seminar, Workshop, and Tutorial speakers will be reimbursed for travel and living expenses within the guidelines HERE; other speakers are responsible for their own travel and living expenses.
- 3Honorarium for Half-Day Sessions (Tutorials & Workshops):
- $500 per half-day (3 hours and 15 minutes), plus a $250 bonus for submitting final presentations by the deadline of May 1, 2020.
- No other speakers/presentations receive an honorarium of this kind.